Pamro 16th Conference
Please note that the Host Country of the 16th PAMRO Conference has been changed to Ghana.
16TH MEETING OF PAMRO AND ALL AFRICA MEDIA RESEARCH CONFERENCE
(Sat 7 February 2015 – Wed 11 February 2015)
(Details of venue and cost of conference will be advised in due course)
Theme: “Media Research for One Continent”
The 16th PAMRO Meeting and All Africa Media Research Conference will take place from
Sat 7 February 2015 – Wed 11 February 2015 in Ghana.
FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
PAMRO is now calling for the submission of synopses for the 2014 PAMRO Conference.
Presentations will address a wide range of subjects in the field of Media Audience research and because of the Multimedia nature of PAMRO should cover subjects in the field of Television audience research, as well as the measurement and status of Radio, Print, Online, Mobile, Social Media and Out of Home Media in Africa.
There is no deadline for submitting synopses and requests to speak will be handled on a first come first served basis. People interested to speak at the Conference must therefore forward their synopses and other information as requested below to PAMRO as soon as possible.
Maximum Synopsis Length: 300 Words
Synopses should enable PAMRO to judge the likely quality of the final paper and its usefulness to delegates. Papers which show no results and no supporting data are strongly discouraged.
Each synopsis must include:
The title of the proposed paper
The name of the author(s)
Their organisation and positions
Their telephone number and email address
Synopses and any queries should be sent to the PAMRO Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please see the PAMRO Guidelines For Speakers Attached)
For information about previous conferences please log onto www.pamro.org for further details.
Tel: +27 11 463 5340/2 Email: email@example.com Website: www.pamro.org
PAMRO GUIDELINES FOR SPEAKERS
The following guidelines are intended to make it easier for everyone and to ensure that we are all on the same wavelength:
• If you use PowerPoint slides (which is preferred), your opening slide must preferably show the agreed title of the presentation, you and your company’s name as well as your position in the company;
• Additional details are allowed but please do not use this for marketing purposes;
• The font size must be large enough (preferably not smaller than 28) so that people in the back row of a sizable room will still be able to read it;
• You are allowed to use your company’s name or logo on all slides as a footer, as long as it is small enough so that it is not too obtrusive;
• The emphasis of your presentation must be on the research you did and the results and insights obtained and not to use the opportunity to promote your company/business;
• Commercial presentations are not allowed in the main body of the programme but commercial breakfast sessions can be arranged at a cost. If you are interested in doing a commercial breakfast session, please contact the PAMRO secretariat to discuss the cost and make the necessary arrangements;
• Speakers must stay within the allowed time, which are 25 minutes for the talk and an additional 5 minutes for questions. Session chairs will ruthlessly enforce this rule otherwise speakers that talk later in the day will be disadvantaged;
• To ensure the smooth running of the conference, all presentations will be loaded on one laptop where possible. Papers must be sent to PAMRO at firstname.lastname@example.org not less than ten (10) days prior to the conference so that this can be done.
• If you have a technical reason why your presentation must be done using your own computer, please advise the secretariat ASAP.
• Please bring a back-up copy on a memory stick with you to the conference;
Please note that all speakers are expected to pay the normal conference fee as well as their travel, accommodation and other expenses.